Friday, February 18, 2011

Mental Health

Though I am not always a fan of abstract art, I admit I do need to test myself with raw color and design every once in a while. Sometimes great truths can come out of abstract art (though not necessarily here, and not necessarily in 20 minutes). But for that reason I like to do what I call "stream of consciousness" drawing. Nothing particular in mind, other than a state of relaxation and a conscious effort to move the pencil across the page. I believe my subconscious was tapped into here, I did not make any effort to pick specific colors other than what jumped out at me. It is what it is, no more, no less. I truly believe it's not supposed to "be" any particular thing, except a very relaxing way to spend 20 minutes drawing and removing stress from the brain. Everyone should try it once in a while, it does soothe your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment