Thursday, April 21, 2011

Applesauce ready

I plan to make a large quantity of applesauce tomorrow to go with our Easter ham on Sunday, but before peeling, chopping and cooking, I wanted to sketch one of these nice shiny apples. I tried something different here, even though it looks very similar to the other apple sketch I did a while back. I wet the paper first, then used the water soluble pencils to draw directly on the wet paper. After the paper dried, I didn't want to re-wet it (and smudge the nice lines) so I went in darker with regular colored pencils. It's about 5 1/2" x 7" or so. 

20 minutes was the right amount of time to complete this apple - with more time I would just have added more detail to the cloth napkin (yes, there is one in there, it's kind of like a polar bear in a snowstorm).

No comments:

Post a Comment