Friday, May 13, 2011

Baby Turtle Squee

I just couldn't resist painting this little fellow for my 20 minute sketch tonight. He
(or she?) was one of several baby turtles slowly making their way from the nest where they hatched back to their pond - across a sidewalk and a street. This happened over a period of about a week in June (a couple years ago), and I was fortunate enough to snap a bunch of pictures of them that I can now use as photo reference! I love when that happens. Watercolor - no pencil, pen, or anything else - approx. 5 1/2" x 8".

Oh, and in case you were wondering what happened to this and other blogs for the last few days, Blogger was down. They even removed some blog postings to try to fix whatever problem they were having. Annoying, but seems to be back to normal now.

No comments:

Post a Comment