Thursday, October 20, 2011

One for the price of two!

Since I didn't have the opportunity to do a 20 minute sketch for the last couple days, today I did a painting that took me approximately 40 minutes. That's double the time of my normal sketches, and I can really see a difference. More detail in the background, mainly - it's fun to have the freedom to add those bits of detail that often go lacking in a quick sketch. I am looking forward to the artwork to be created without a time limit in the upcoming year, though what challenge I will pursue then is still up in the air! Any suggestions?

Incidentally, this painting will be part of a charity raffle, and I hope the winner of the raffle will enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed creating it. Pencil and watercolor, 5 1/2" x 8".

No comments:

Post a Comment