Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Good Meal

To follow up the previous food-related post, here is an example of a finished food illustration that I painted several years ago. Pencil, pen, and watercolor, 5" x 8 1/2" on sketchbook paper (though not watercolor paper, hence the wrinkles). Usually, I sketch the food in pencil as it is served to us, to the amusement of the waiter or waitress. It is a good motivation to sketch quick - as you're hungry and the food is tempting to eat immediately. When I paint the drawn image at a later time, it's a wonderful memory of the meal!

1 comment:

  1. I can't even say how wonderful I think this is! I love the fun and joyfulness and I love how it becomes a far more meaningful souvenir than a keychain, I love that it makes food into art, I love the media and the layout...and now I think I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete