Friday, April 29, 2011

Petite Illuminated Letter

Really in the mood to use some bright color today. This little sketch is a glorified doodle, with a big "V" and a few random items I felt like painting in 20 minutes (pen and watercolor, approx. 3 1/2" x 4").

Several months into this sketching project now, I am coming to some definite opinions on my art supplies (a good thing). I really like a small and very springy synthetic brush for tiny detail work, like these dots and lines. With everything else I paint though, the natural hair brushes are preferred all around. I guess that's the same conclusion most watercolor artists come to, but I finally feel like I've had enough practice to agree. I can elaborate on my views of the differences between them, but unless you are in the market to buy a new brush, you probably don't have an interest in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment